Girl with an Axe
1.What’s in your wallet right now?
A pink guitar pick, a photo of me when I was in the fifth grade, no cash because I gave my last $5 to my daughter this morning for her lunch money, current ballet photos of my two girls, business cards, a couple of credit cards.
2. What do you wish your parents taught you about money?
How to manage it and save. My mother basically raised me and she was 18 when I was born. Of course now, she is an incredibly savvy, financially sound lawyer. Hi Mom!
3. What is your worst habit around finances?
Giving away too many free guitars for worthy charities!
4. What makes you happy?
More girls playing guitars and basses.
5. Personal philosophy around money?
Money is a seed to plant like daisies in this world. If you have it, you can bring much happiness and creativity.
6. Where does money come from?
Big hearts and great ideas.
7. What would you do with a million dollars?
Help to find a cure for breast cancer - $600,000; designing the next hit girl guitar - $300,000; hiring a team of people to think of new creative names for the color pink - $100,000; Raising the rock starlets of tomorrow – Priceless.
8. What is your most prized possession?
My Rock Candy Bass Guitar!
9. Who is your role model?
Suzi Quatro (a.k.a. Leather Tuscadero) from Happy Days.
10. What is your greatest achievement?
Being a mommy.
11. How did you come up with the idea of Daisy Rock?
I was crayoning with my then 2 year old daughter and we created the Daisy Rock guitar together……based on the idea that her experience with playing or buying a guitar could be different and somehow better.
12. What contributions to society do you want to make?
Balancing the gender scale of musicians everywhere and making a nurturing environment for females who want to learn how to play guitar or bass.
13. If you could buy one thing right now what would it be?
Chocolate. Did I say chocolate?
14. Favorite activity that doesn’t cost a dime?
Belting out songs in the car with my two girls, Sophia, 5 and Nicole, 7. The freest form of fun filled laughter ever!!!!
15. How do you indulge yourself?
I like to play rock solid, no-nonsense kick-your-ass-with-a-side-of- attitude driving bass playing with my punk band, sASSafrASS.
Tish Ciravolo is Founder and President of Daisy Rock, "THE female guitar company," whose ongoing mission is to provide females of all ages with whatever it takes to learn to play guitar and enjoy music.
Copyright © 2004-2014 Argent Enterprises, LLC. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.